Humidifiers Installation, Service, And Repair
Iowa’s long, cold winters make your furnace work overtime. It’s effective at generating heat, but the hot, dry air it emits dries up your home’s moisture. The result is a sore throat, sinus issues, chapped lips, and itchy skin.
We recommend running a whole-house humidifier as a solution to these problems. Choose Indianola Mechanical for the installation of a professional humidifier and for humidifier repairs as needed.
To schedule humidifier installation, replacement, or repair in Indianola, IA, and the surrounding areas please call us at 515-961-7924.
Humidifier Services in Central Iowa
If you are looking for a way to improve the air quality in your home or office, consider adding a humidifier. The addition of moisture to the air improves air quality, thus increasing your comfort and overall health. While no one enjoys excess humidity, too little humidity can be even more irritating. This is why so many homeowners have opted to have a humidifier installed in their homes.
At Indianola Mechanical, we can install, replace, or repair the humidifier in your home. Call for indoor air quality solutions from the HVAC company your neighbor’s trust.
How Does a Whole-House Humidifier Work?
Portable reservoir humidifiers can only increase the relative humidity of one room, but whole-house humidifiers can increase the relative humidity in your entire house. It produces water vapor from the plumbing in your home and works in conjunction with your furnace to distribute warm, moist air throughout your home. Because the system does not rely on standing water, there is no need to refill the tank or worry about mold growth. The most effective way to achieve the perfect relative humidity level in your home is to install a whole-house humidifier.
Fortunately, humidifiers are reliable machines that rarely need maintenance. In the event something goes wrong with the humidistat, float controls, fan, or electrical equipment, we provide the reliable, affordable repairs you need.
Benefits of Installing a Humidifier in Your Home
No one enjoys excess humidity, but too little humidity can be even more irritating. That’s where a whole-house humidifier comes in. Consider the benefits of installing one in your home:
- Increase home comfort: By raising the relative humidity, a whole-house humidifier rids you of comfort problems associated with dry air, including sore throat, dry sinuses, chapped lips, and itchy skin.
- Improve indoor air quality: You’re less likely to become ill when your sinuses and throats are moistened by adequate relative humidity. Water vapor also makes it harder for bacteria and viruses to float around, decreasing their contagious effects.
- Less static electricity: Dry air causes painful static shocks when you touch a doorknob, flip a light switch, or pet the family cat. Humidifiers mitigate this problem by reducing static electricity buildup.
- Lower your energy bills: When the air is saturated with moisture, less water evaporates from your skin, helping you feel warmer even when the temperature is reduced by a few degrees.
- Protect wood furnishings: As an organic substance, wood is affected by humidity levels. If it’s too dry, wood floors, cabinets, and furniture can warp and crack. A whole-house humidifier reduces this to protect your beloved furnishings.